Menu

Jessi Perez

Monday, March 11, 2013

OH NO my first open casket experience :)

Yup ! You heard me. I had my first open casket experience.
Went to the shop and decided to go on a delivery with Lisa (《《freaking adore her).
First stop was a high dollar retirement home. Not one assisted living resident had probably less than a million in their savings.
We took flowers to a sweet elderly lady. It breaks my heart seeing older people who need so much assistance  I pray my kids will be there to care for me when I'm older.

Next stop. Funeral home.
Now, I had no idea that I was going to walk in on an open casket. I opened the door for Lisa as she held the flowers for the family. My first thought after entering was how super its smelled. Clean and Fresh as if I had just walked into a Spring garden with tons of fresh blooms.
Needless to say as we walked over to meet the coordinator  we stop in front of a taped off room. didnt think much of it till I turned around and saw A BODY in a OPEN CASKET!!!
I wasn't terrified , I wasn't mortified, I think I had an outer body experience.!
I felt like I was standing next to myself as I saw my face go from pale pink to stark white! 
There laying in the champagne white casket was a little old lady dressed in her bright yellow Sunday clothes. Quiet and peaceful. 
We placed the flowers oon the table and headed to the van. Once I got in and buckled up I turned to Lisa to tell her that it was my first time seeing someone in a casket, let alone dead.

She chuckled and said she hoped I didnt get too freaked out. 

Once I came too my senses I had a bit of an emotional moment. I went from an assisted living residence to a funeral. Kind of a bit to swallow.

It was definitely an eye opener of how short life is.

Tell someone you love them today , say hi to someone you don't know and brighten up their day. as quickly as we are given life  and take to our first breath , we also exhale our last on our dying day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and suggest. I take no prisoners.